SecureArtisan

My Road to Digital Forensics Excellence

What has happened

Posted by Paul Bobby on December 18, 2008

It has been a long time since I updated this blog.

Generating evidence sets for Encase benchmarking has been a struggle. I’ve chosen a complete dump of the English wikipedia for my evidence set. A 15gb .7z file uncompresses to a 220Gb .tar file, which then untars to another 220Gigs on my drive. The sheer number of files/folders has caused my own machine to freak out a couple of times – and we’re talking about a process that can take 60hours to do.

I’ve also gotten some time to work on Steadystate again, there will be an update on that before the end of the year.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: